Saturday, April 25, 2009

Scan 7: 21 April 2009



Patch's mugshot for the day!

Now if only the ultrasound machine doesn't show his eye socket all the time, maybe he would look more like a baby.

Patch didn't have his length measured today but according to the books and websites, he's about 23cm or so. Right now he weighs.... 373g (13 oz). Which is about there I think. Have put on another 1.6kg so it was sort of a relief to me (cos that means I put on about 2.4kg to 2.6kg in total at 5 months).

Patch is proving himself to be a very active baby. Not only has he been kicking up a storm, he also refuses to lie still for his mug shots. His hands keep getting in the way of his face. I also deduced that he likes to be in an upright position, and perfers the right side of my belly.

Oh, and yeah, he definitely wasn't shy enough to proclaim he was a BOY to everyone.



So, based on Patch's size/weight, he's measuring slightly bigger (like only a little over the 50th percentile). Which is good.

The EDD on the result slip says 31 August but according to the doc, we will still follow the 4 Sept EDD set earlier.

So it looks like Patch MAY or MAY NOT share the same birthday as his grandma. Heh heh.



It's pretty clear what's what. Though it looks as though he has huge lips here. Heh.

Patch's head looks a little squashed in these photos (as in it looks as if there's not enough space).



Patch's jaw line is clearly defined.



I don't really know what the first one is. But the second one's the thorax (breathing tube).



So, from the scan, it clearly shows Patch has an oval shaped head when seen from the top.

I don't think he got that from me. :p



Actually I can't really tell that that's Patch's thigh bone on the right. But we'll take the expert's word for it. Hah.



Patch's Spine. After 20 minutes, he decided to turn in such a way that his spine shows up very clearly, resulting in a very delighted radiologist.



Patch's cute little feet. One on top of the other, then side-by-side.

Yep. He has five toes. Now I just hope he's doesn't have flat feet.



This baby clearly doesn't like to show off his fingers. Not once have I seen him open his hands for more than 1 second!



Bladder check. Two kidneys check. Stomach, heart, etc etc etc, all check.

Looks like Patch's organs are all in place. So yay!

No comments: