Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Merry Belated Christmas!

Anyway, am working on Feb 06 issue for mag this month so it's Valentine's Day themed.

Wanted to post earlier but... lazy. :D



Bought roses from Tiong Bahru market. It was at $2 for 3 stalks. We got 20, two given FOC by the uncle of the flower shop. There were plenty of shops selling incense paper and as usual they had those paper replicas of everyday stuff. Found new item that day -- Dim Sum. With baskets. Quite amusing but didn't have camera to take. Anyway, the roses look very pretty in the vase. After the photoshoot, no point leaving it in the studio so I brought it back.

New Gelato Store


Was invited to a tasting session at Gelatissimo at Shaw Lido on 17 Dec. Went with John. Yummy gelato but not cheap! It's $3.90 for one scoop compared to $2.80 for one scoop at Venezia. Oh, and Ben & Jerry's sells single scoops at $3.90 as well I think. We had:



Which doesn't look as yummy looking as these:


New Phone?



This is the phone that I've been waiting ages for. Like the 6100 (the one that I have now), I liked it the first time I saw it. The PR company sent us pictures and info like 3 months ago or something and it was only supposed to come out first quarter of 2006. But the other day, the guy from the PR company said it was going to be available the next day. I asked him to send a tester kit. This is it! It's a Coffee Brown 7360. MP3 ringtone, SVGA camera (i know quite lousy but i dun really need a good camera), Bluetooth (I think), Push To Talk, "leather" back and pouch provided, radio.... can go Nokia website to see the specs if you want. I think it's pretty. Daddy and Mummy thinks it's pretty too. Friends think it's pretty as well. So yes, I'll be getting it after checking prices.

Real phone pic:


It's $498 for recommended retail price without contract but got shops selling it at $538 and $598 without coutract! Crazy right? Even M1 selling at $548 without contract. Tsk. With 2 year contract it's $398. Will see if buying the tester kit will give me a discount before I decide.

Ginger Is A Man

Bought Coffee Bean gingerbread men for gifts this Christmas. They look very nice and comes in packs of 5 ($11 each). I split 2 packs up and bagged them and sealed them to give away. There were extras so we ate them. It was very nice. Texture like the mooncake skin and not too gingery. I like. Mummy loved the smell. Normally, I eat gingerbread men by starting on one hand, then one leg, then the other hand/leg. Basically, I'll finish the limbs before eating the head. But Mummy and Daddy chomp on the head first (so savage!).


Smiley unsuspecting Gingerbread Man.


He lost his head (to Daddy)


Now his limbs are gone. (Courtesy of me.)

I would show you another picture of it but I think Mummy finished him. :)p



I also got "gifts" from companies. Espirit gave my editor a set of three teddies. I took one. Look at the details and good quality stitching! Must have been expensive.



Red Earth (cosmetics brand of Espirit) gave a bottle of wine (with custom made sticker label) and a box of chocolates. Have only tried two. One was eaten by Daddy so not sure of the taste.





A lot of pics but ya. That's all that happened. Sort of.

No comments: