
Obviously by now, you should know that we went to Raffles Hotel, Bar & Billiard Room to makan for Pa's birthday. As usual, Singapore drivers all dunno how to drive so traffic jam everywhere. Took at least 45 minutes to drive from my office to Raffles Hotel! Got there a bit late so John and Pa already there.
The place a bit hard to find and is so far away from the carpark. But got nice setting. Got live music also. Jazz. But mummy don't like. I told her it was jazz, she say jazz got nice one but they play not nice. I thought it was nice. :p
Took photos for you to see since you never been there before. Also to let you know what you were missing out on. heh heh. Click here to see the full set of photos. Using this blog thingy like easier. Then don't have to download stuff all the time.
Anyway, ya, it's $58+++ and mummy says pay $3 more for this place better (as compared to triple 3). Lobster here bigger (twice the size), got lobster claws, and food quality much better. Got roast pork so mummy can take. They got this salmon sashimi roll with cheese - very nice. Most of the food were fresh. Their salad bar no bacon bits. They use the deep fried bah kwa but a bit lao hong.
Their dessert bar quite good. But really, machiam all chocolate so quite jelat after awhile. But many of the stuff were very nice. The brownie like got add orange peel or something. Yummy. Took a lot of strawberries to tone down the chocolate. Their home-made ice-cream also very good. Got chocolate, vanilla, strawberry rose water sherbert and apricot sherbert.
Bought present for Pa also. $199 was the cheapest I could get, short of going to Sim Lim. Check it out. Pa liked it a lot. Purposely buy this cos got FM radio, can record voice (he keep saying can use for evidence), use as thumb drive, is small and light. And of course, I helped to rip my Bee Gees Greatest Hits 2-Disc album and d/l. This Creative Zen Nano not bad. Can record music from radio and CD in MP3 format.
Oh, and on the day I was talking to my editor about how our TV has been surviving for 8 years and the moment it conks out, Pa would be quite happy because he can buy LCD/Plasma TV, the TV really conk out. I think the CR tube exploded or something. Got weird smell one. So many days liao still got faint smell. During dinner mummy told Pa and he like quite excited. I think he sure go look at TVs tomorrow. Looks like he's going to spend around $1000.
Okay, think long enough liao. Mummy say you complain I never reply but I print for her to see so that she can reply. I got nothing to reply. Oh ya, Uncle James coming to Singapore on 6 Aug. Dunno for how long. Going to play Lego Star Wars now. (very fun. very cute.)
No comments:
Post a Comment